Deadline: 15 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (HIV/AIDS) in Dakar, Senegal.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Programme Associate (HIV/AIDS) will responsible for the accomplishment of administrative functions in support of the HIV/AIDS section.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate (HIV/AIDS) will perform following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support to programme implementation
- Compile qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Support in travel organization in terms of flight bookings, raising travel authorization and processing making sure TA is approved before SM travels.
- Address monthly shortfalls within the stipulated time set by finance section.
- Maintain accurate and updated standard office tracking documents for the section which include attendance report and leave plans. Update office wide calendar on share point with sections leave and travel plans.
- Support in grant management and contribution management
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Support section in ensuring that all funds commitment, contracts (both individual and intuitional) as well as funds reservations are raised for the anticipated period of project as per funding availability taking care of donor conditions.
- Monitor grants received in the section taking attention to expiring grants.
- Prepare summaries of utilization of funds for head of section.
- Support in resource mobilization
- Compile and organize information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Compile and organize data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme fund.
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Gather and share information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence.
- Maintain an up to date list of HIV/AIDS focal points and their email addresses.
- Any other duties appropriate to the purpose of this post, which may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative work, of which at least 1 year is closely related to support of programme activities.
- Prior Relevant experience working in a UN system will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in French.
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.