Deadline: 29 April 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Collect, register and maintains information on programme and project activities by reviewing reports and through first hand sources. Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports on programme related activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and the progress reports by providing information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections of it. Prepare background material for use in discussions, meeting and briefing sessions.
- Monitors implementation of biennium work plans for which the coordinator is responsible; ensures timely and accurate updating of GSM in this regard, including the technical monitoring module of GSM.
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic progress reports on implementation (six monthly, annually, biannually) as per prevailing SEARO guidelines.
- Arrange appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar, receives high ranking visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
- Participate in the organization and preparation of staff meetings and other group educational activities or special meetings and take minutes and/or notes. Prepare briefing materials for supervisor for use during official trips or special meetings.
- Take note on a variety of subject matters and transcribes; types correspondences, documents and reports etc. some of which are highly confidential.
- Keep list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of high ranking government officials/diplomats and UN specialized agencies. Make travel arrangements for the superiors and perform liaison duties with other units.
- Perform other related duties, as advised by supervisors.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Training in the administrative and secretarial field is desirable. Technical or university course in a field related to the work of the organization.
- At least 6 years’ thorough and progressively responsible administrative/secretarial/clerical work experience of which at least one year was closely related to support of programme activities.
- Relevant experience in UN organization, an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.