Deadline: 31 December 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Nutrition) in Port Sudan, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate (Nutrition) will be responsible to provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate (Nutrition) will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform any other related duties.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- At least 5 years of experience in the related field.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.