Deadline: 14 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Budget Manager in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Budget Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage the programme budgets of the PS and GAVI trust accounts across MoUs, for both supplies and services.
- Manage the Cash Transfer Notification (CTN) process with GAVI and the Vaccine Centre and Health Technology Centre to ensure funding requests are in accordance with the GAVI approval processes, authorizations and both financial and programmatic limitations.
- Responsible for cash management of the GAVI escrow accounts; ensure that cash balances are optimized so that idle cash is minimized while simultaneously ensuring that programme needs and lead times are met.
- Coordinate monitoring of non-standard activities, such as the VII, agreements with bilateral partners (e.g. World Bank), Advanced Market Commitment (AMC), firm commitment contracts, foreign exchange transactions, advance payments to manufacturers, to ensure that the programmatic approvals from external partners are matched to the internal financial accounting and their related procurement contracts.
- Approve external financial reports to partners in compliance with MOUs.
- Lead the business analysis and business process project work related to systems, IT applications, solutions and SAP related to the financial management of GAVI activities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and Control, Applied Economics, or Public Administration is required.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience in the areas of budget management and control, management accounting, project management, public administration and/or donor reporting is required.
- Experience with computer applications, particularly Excel, Access or similar relational databases, and SAP or a similar ERP system is required.
- Experience leading and directing IT projects related to financial management would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN working languages would be an asset, preferably French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.