Deadline: 10 May 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer (Head of Work Programme) in Bonn, Germany.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer (Head of Work Programme) will perform the following functions-
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of the IPBES work programme as approved by the IPBES Plenary, ensuring that the decisions are implemented within the specific timeline and budget indicated by the Plenary.
- Maintain regular communication with members of the Platform and other stakeholders, the Bureau and Multidisciplinary Expert Panel and any other subsidiary bodies established by the Plenary to support the implementation of the IPBES work programme.
- Lead activities related to the work programme budget by guiding the implementation of the Plenary approved budget, prepares progress reports, financial statements, and documents for the sessions of the Plenary and the meetings of the subsidiary bodies of IPBES and for donors.
- Support the Executive Secretary as required in delivering on the mandate of IPBES.
- Provide substantive backstopping for the Executive Secretary to consultative and other meetings and conferences including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparing documents and presentations.
- Support outreach activities; facilitates training workshops and seminars.
- Lead and contribute to the preparation of documents and other inputs for Plenary sessions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental science, management, economics or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in programme management or planning economics and/or environmental sciences is required.
- Experience working with key IPBES (Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services) stakeholders (scientific community, civil society organizations, UN Agencies, Multilateral Environmental Agreements, private sector and donors) in an international setting is an advantage.
- Experience in planning and organizing international events and/or conferences is desired.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.