Deadline: 11 December 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Management Specialist will be responsible for managing the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmes for the CO, including providing technical support to the implementation of the Country Office programme, managing the monitoring and reporting for the CO, overseeing and guiding people and budget management for the programme team, building partnerships and providing support in developing resource mobilization strategies, and managing knowledge building efforts.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Manage the programmatic development for the Country Office, based on the Strategic Note
- Provide overall programme advisory support to the Office Management.
- Guide the development of the CO programme, and provide technical support to the design and formulation of programme/ project initiatives.
- Review and provide feedback to project/ programme strategies and documents, workplans, case studies and related knowledge products and publications, as needed.
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the Country Office programme
- Review programme annual work plans to assure compliance with UN Women programme goals and results-based indicators.
- Analyze and ensure alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans.
- Draft reports on activities, outputs and outcomes; and compile information in preparations of country office donor and UN Women reports.
- Oversee and guide people and budget management for the programme team
- Lead a team, perform staff performance reviews, ensure capacity development of staff members by suggesting development opportunities.
- Monitor and analyze financial situation on the portfolios and programmes to ensure adherence to delivery rates and utilization of resources to meet agreed upon targets and results.
- Build partnerships and provide support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Analyze and research information on donors, finalize substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for resource mobilization and cost sharing.
- Determine programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, country needs and donors’ priorities and develop the relevant partnerships.
- Manage knowledge building efforts
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the programme and contribute to their global dissemination.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting for the Country Office
- Recommend and establish programme monitoring standards, criteria, and other indicators for measuring and assessing progress/results.
- Manage the monitoring of mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators.
- Coordinate the process of gathering information and preparing progress reports on programme implementation; prepare technical reports.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Public Administration, Gender is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management, including programme design, programme coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in working in a gender related area is an asset.
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and programme writing.
- Experience in leading teams effectively is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.