Deadline: 26 July 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Management Specialist will be responsible for managing the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmes for the CO, including providing technical support to the implementation of the Country Office programme, overseeing and guiding people and budget management for the programme team, building partnerships and providing support in developing resource mobilization strategies, and managing knowledge building efforts.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage the programmatic development for the Country Office, based on the Strategic Note
- Provide overall programme advisory support to the Office Management.
- Guide the development of the CO programme, and provide technical support to the design and formulation of programme/ project initiatives.
- Review and provide feedback to project/ programme strategies and documents, workplans, case studies and related knowledge products and publications, as needed.
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the Country Office programme
- Review programme annual work plans to assure compliance with UN Women programme goals and results-based indicators.
- Analyze and ensure alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans.
- Draft reports on activities, outputs and outcomes; and compile information in preparations of country office donor and UN Women reports.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting for the Country Office
- Recommend and establish programme monitoring standards, criteria, and other indicators for measuring and assessing progress/results.
- Manage the monitoring of mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators.
- Coordinate the process of gathering information and preparing progress reports on programme implementation; prepare technical reports.
- Oversee and guide people and budget management for the programme team
- Lead a team, perform staff performance reviews, ensure capacity development of staff members by suggesting development opportunities.
- Monitor and analyze financial situation on the portfolios and programmes to ensure adherence to delivery rates and utilization of resources to meet agreed upon targets and results.
- Ensure effective information flow, communication and coordination across the office, between programmes, projects and operations, and with other UN Women offices and units.
- Build partnerships and provide support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Analyze and research information on donors, finalize substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for resource mobilization and cost sharing.
- Manage knowledge building efforts
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the programme and contribute to their global dissemination.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Public Administration, Gender is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management, including programme design, programme coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in working in a gender related area is an asset.
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and programme writing.
- Experience in leading teams effectively is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Working knowledge of French or Portuguese is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.