Deadline: 2 June 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Management Specialist is responsible for overseeing the management, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG) programme for the Uganda CO as well for managing the human and financial resources of the team.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Oversee the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG) programmatic development for Uganda CO based on Programme Documents with donors and Strategic Note:
- Advise and guide the development of EVAWG programme, including design and formulation programme/ project initiatives.
- Review and provide feedback to ongoing projects/ programmes on related strategies and documents, workplans, case studies, and related knowledge products and publications.
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the EVAWG programme
- Assess EVAWG annual work plans and provide recommendations to assure compliance with EVAWG programme goals and results-based indicators.
- Analyze and ensure alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans.
- Oversee programme quality control and identification of potential challenges.
- Oversee monitoring and reporting for the EVAWG programme
- Review and recommend programme monitoring standards, criteria, and other indicators for measuring and assessing progress/results.
- Oversee the monitoring of progress against mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators.
- Gather information and prepare reports on progress of programme implementation for the EVAWG programme and donors; prepare technical reports;
- Review budget management for the EVAWG programme and manage people
- Lead a team, perform staff performance reviews, ensure capacity development of staff members by suggesting development opportunities.
- Monitor the EVAWG programme financial situation to ensure adherence to delivery rates and utilization of resources to meet agreed upon targets and results.
- Lead knowledge building and sharing efforts
- Lead the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the programme and contribute to their global dissemination.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by supervisor from time to time.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- The EVAWG Programme is implemented in line with the CO Strategic Note and Annual Work plans.
- EVAWG Programme team adhere to UN Women’s Rules, Regulations, policies and procedures, using a results-based management approach.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Public Administration, Gender is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in EVAWG programme management, including programme design, programme coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in working in a gender related area is an asset.
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and programme writing.
- Proven experience in leading teams effectively.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Working knowledge of any local language in Uganda is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.