Deadline: 11 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 24 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
- Ensure that IUCN’s work in the country is of high technical quality, based on good science and drawing upon state of the art thinking and knowledge.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office and in collaboration with the COR Regional Technical Coordinator, leading the strategic development of the Mozambique Programme, including periodically conducting situation and scoping analysis to develop/refine the thematic area’s strategic framework, ensuring that priorities identified are relevant to IUCN’s members and partners and aligned with IUCN’s value proposition.
- Lead fundraising and resource mobilization for the programme through the development of proposals and maintaining good relationships with donors and funding agencies so as to ensure the financial viability of the programme.
- Act as a focal point for facilitating and supporting the involvement of IUCN Commissions, Members and other members of the Secretariat in the development and implementation of programmatic activities.
- Work closely with IUCN Commissions and other thematic programmes to develop and maintain an appropriate project portfolio and funding for implementation of the country programme.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in management of natural resources, biology, ecology, oceanography, environmental economics, political sciences, MBA or related fields.
- At least 7-10+ year’s of proven experience.
- Demonstrated experience in programme development, coordination of projects and fundraising, including experience of development and successful marketing of project proposals with donors, and subsequent delivery and reporting.
- Demonstrated budgeting, programme planning and day-to-day activity coordination abilities.
- Experience with result based portfolio and project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and principles and facilitation skills.
- Experience working with communities and understanding the dynamics at community level.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the establishment of networks and multi-stakeholder participatory processes.
- Experience in advocacy and policy influencing especially with governments at different levels.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English.
- Good command of Portuguese a strong added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.