Deadline: 11 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 24 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
- Ensure that IUCN’s work in the country is of high technical quality, based on good science and drawing upon state of the art thinking and knowledge.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office and in collaboration with the COR Regional Technical Coordinator, leading the strategic development of the Mozambique Programme, including periodically conducting situation and scoping analysis to develop/refine the thematic area’s strategic framework, ensuring that priorities identified are relevant to IUCN’s members and partners and aligned with IUCN’s value proposition.
- Lead fundraising and resource mobilization for the programme through the development of proposals and maintaining good relationships with donors and funding agencies so as to ensure the financial viability of the programme.
- Act as a focal point for facilitating and supporting the involvement of IUCN Commissions, Members and other members of the Secretariat in the development and implementation of programmatic activities.
- Work closely with IUCN Commissions and other thematic programmes to develop and maintain an appropriate project portfolio and funding for implementation of the country programme.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in management of natural resources, biology, ecology, oceanography, environmental economics, political sciences, MBA or related fields.
- At least 7-10+ year’s of proven experience.
- Demonstrated experience in programme development, coordination of projects and fundraising, including experience of development and successful marketing of project proposals with donors, and subsequent delivery and reporting.
- Demonstrated budgeting, programme planning and day-to-day activity coordination abilities.
- Experience with result based portfolio and project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and principles and facilitation skills.
- Experience working with communities and understanding the dynamics at community level.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the establishment of networks and multi-stakeholder participatory processes.
- Experience in advocacy and policy influencing especially with governments at different levels.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English.
- Good command of Portuguese a strong added advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.