Deadline: 15 May 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager – Unstereotype Alliance in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the leadership, substantive coordination and overall management of the above programme for results, working together with UN Women Offices in at HQ, Region and Country Offices Region, other UN agencies as well as UA members and partners.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead the programme development and management of the UA Programme:
- Lead the development of the programme, including the design and formulation and consultation.
- Manage the implementation of the Programme as per the Programme Document.
- Develop and implement annual workplan, budget and reports.
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting of the programme:
- Ensure that all programming is monitored, reviewed and evaluated, including the proper application of a monitoring system to track progress on program results and indicators.
- Review and write quarterly reports and donor reports.
- Manage the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
- Manage the people and financial resources of the programme:
- Monitor the programme budget.
- Optimize the use of programme resources in compliance with organizational rules.
- Review and financial reports and ensure regular reporting.
- Establish partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Identify, develop and implement resource mobilization opportunities.
- Determine programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women and donors’ priorities.
- Establish partnerships, draft agreements and monitor their implementation.
- Lead advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to UA.
- Manage and coordinate across the region and country roll out of the UA programme.
- Lead the development of knowledge management strategies and methodologies and products.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Technical experience in thematic area.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team.
- Fluency in English is required and in other languages an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.