Deadline: 22 March 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager, Business Call to Action in Istanbul, Turkey. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient execution of the BCtA Initiative including delivery of results, human resources management and procurement, work planning, and fund and budget management.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Programme Management and Delivery:
- Manage and grow the BCtA portfolio to reach a growth target of new inclusive business commitments to BCtA.
- Manage support to the multi-stakeholder governance structure of the Alliance, including both the Donor Steering Committee and the Programme Partner Committee, as well as engagement with both funding and non-funding partners.
- Contribute to the overall Finance Hub functioning, including influencing UNDP’s strategy in the SDG and impact management arena through continuous analysis, documentation, codification of results/lessons learned in collaboration with SDG Impact and other initiatives While also leveraging the Financial Hub to ensure alignment and effective deployment of BCtA’s tools and thought leadership, and scale up its impact .
- Overall Management and Resource Mobilization:
- Establish and oversee management arrangements for the team, including definition of roles and responsibilities, staff accountabilities and reporting lines.
- Provide strategic direction and lead the formulation and implementation of the substantive work plan for the BCtA team.
- Ensure that the technical capacity of the team is managed optimally, is in alignment with business needs, and that team members are encouraged to seek new client opportunities and amplify the value and reputation of the BCtA initiative, UNDP and other founding partners.
- Encourage team to critically assess itself against emerging trends and thinking in the profession.
- Partnerships, Representation and Advocacy:
- Mobilize, foster and strengthen strategic partnerships with the private sector and other relevant partners and foster those partnerships in support of the BCtA initiative.
- Advise on the design and packaging of innovative offerings for UNDP’s impact management expertise as part of the Finance Hub that can demonstrate and scale new business models.
- Liaise with the BCTA Alliance founders to ensure that their commitment and support to the Initative is maintained.
- Knowledge Management and M&E:
- Contribute to knowledge extraction, analysis, documentation, codification of results/lessons learned in the specific thematic area in the region, ensuring that knowledge sharing and content management is in line with guidelines and performed using corporate tools.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international development, international affairs, public policy, economics, business administration, social sciences or related disciplines.
- 7 years of professional relevant and combined experience in the private sector and/or in the development sector in the area of inclusive business.
- Strong analytical and advocacy skills in private sector and development.
- Knowledge of international donors, association, NGOs and other actors working in the private sector in developing countries to promote inclusive business.
- Prior experience in resource mobilization and managing programme/projects required.
- Experience working in a developing country setting an asset
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.