Deadline: 5 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Programme Manager will be responsible to manage a portfolio of grants and coordinate the project teams developing and implementing these grants.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
- Plan, manage and implement a complex and/or large portfolio of grants through the grant lifecycle from development to grant closure / transition, when applicable.
- Take ownership of overall grant portfolio development, liaising with Unitaid and external partners on an as-needed basis for strategic and technical input and alignment; coordinate small and flexible cross-functional Unitaid project teams involved in grant development and implementation.
- Lead grantee-Unitaid interaction and coordinate all necessary liaising activities from grant development to grant closure.
- Negotiate and/or provide input into negotiations with partner organizations to finalize grant packages, with emphasis on performance and monitoring of verifiable results.
- Actively participate in the development of budget projections and financial requirements, lead evaluation of accuracy and draft amendments to meet targets and objectives.
- Develop partnerships at the operational level to ensure the Unitaid portfolio has a strong fit with other stakeholders in Global Health.
- Monitor grant implementation, identify and resolve problems.
- Lead identification and assessment of risks as well as the development of risk mitigation plans, including the engagement and management of external experts.
- Support and work synergistically with Unitaid teams to develop effective impact assessment and monitoring frameworks, evaluation of grants, and the overall portfolio.
- Support the Team Leader in the preparation of communications and any recommendations for Board consideration. Contribute to continuous improvement of Unitaid processes, tools, and policies.
- Perform any other duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced level university degree in Finance, Economics, Public or Business Administration, Project Management, Development Studies, Health Economics, Law, Public Health or related field.
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in managing large scale or complex projects/ grants.
- Significant experience in grant development and implementation as well as programme risk and feasibility assessments in the development sector.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships and in multi-stakeholder negotiations, in the context of large scale funding.
- Experience in implementing performance-based funding metrics and/or agreements.
- Experience in managing relationships with controlling functions such as Finance/Audit, Risk, Quality, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of project financing and financial processes, including budgets, reporting and audit methodologies, and negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of due diligence and risk identification and assessment practices.
- Strong skills in building operational partnerships and/or business development across organizations.
- Ability to manage risks at organizational, portfolio, and project level.
- Ability to define and resolve complex issues.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.