Deadline: 2 July 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager -Global Fund in Suva, Fiji. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Manager -Global Fund is responsible for oversight of all aspects of the Multi-country Programmes. Specifically he/she will lead, supervise and coordinate daily activities, and provide strategic direction for the development and provision of support services in the implementation of the Multi-country Programmes.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Manager -Global Fund will perform the following functions-
- The Programme Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Multi-country Programmes, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Oversight and management of programme planning, implementation and oversight with emphasis on achievement of approved programme targets and provision of quality services.
- Explore with the GF Health Implementation Support Team and the Global Fund differentiated implementation models based on risk (i.e. results-based financing).
- Coordination and supervision of administrative, financial, asset, procurement and programmatic management of the Global Fund grants in accordance with the grant agreement with the Global Fund and UNDP rules, policies and procedures.
- Oversight and coordination of programmatic, asset and financial management and programmatic and financial reporting of the Global Fund grants and the Sub-recipients.
- The Programme Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Multi-country Programmes, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Management of UNDP’s commitments within the corporate agreements with the Global Fund, ensures effective application of RBM tools, monitors unit work plans, programme effectiveness and achievement of results.
- Development and implementation of robust monitoring and evaluation tools, templates, processes, policies to ensure achievement of targets.
- Maintaining regular contact with project and programme counterparts.
- The Programme Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships and supports the resource mobilization in cooperation with the Management Support and Business Development Team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintain regular communication between UNDP/Global Fund Heath Implementation Support Team, Effective Governance and other teams in the UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji, HIV, Health and Development Group, Global Fund Secretariat and Local Fund Agent and PIRCCM.
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes and to leverage Global Fund funds/co-finance programmes.
- Creation and coordination of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, regional partners, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society etc.
- Ensure knowledge and capacity building, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Lead development of capacity development plans and implementation of agreed actions, leveraging additional resources and innovative approaches to achieve programme goals and objectives.
- Promote knowledge sharing and coaching among the Sub-recipients within the region.
- Promote identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned from the Multi- country Programmes for organizational sharing and learning.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Economics, International Development, Public or Business Administration or any development related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in project management/public health.
- Experience in partnership building and management with multi- stakeholders including health, human rights, donors and civil society organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in working with UNDP and/or UN agencies;Knowledge and experience in working with programmes funded by the Global Fund.
- Experience working in a developing country.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.