Deadline: 26 April 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer, Accountability and Gender Mainstreaming in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Officer, Accountability and Gender Mainstreaming will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically to the development of Programme strategies in GRB and Gender mainstreaming
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to policy and legal implementation in the context of the National Gender Policy and the PFMA of 2015. Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the GRB and Gender Mainstreaming initiatives (Including International and regional normative GEWE frameworks and recommendations)
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget for UN Women and MoGLSD.
- In close collaboration with the MoGLSD and the EOC provide coordination support to the implementation of programme activities.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of the Programme, documentation of good practices, success stories as well as high quality and timely reporting.
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of MGLSD financial and narrative reports.Provide technical assistance and Capacity Development to Sectors and Local Governments.
- Support coordination and Provide technical support in the implementation of GEWE programme activities (National Gender Policy, CEDAW recommendations and Beijing Plan of Action).
- Support Local Governments to strengthen their capacity on GRB, mainstreaming and use of Gender disaggregated data for planning and budgeting.
- Identify technical capacity gaps in GRB and gender mainstreaming across MDAs and provide the required training.Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at UN Women, collect, compile and share periodic progress reports on programme performance.
- Ensure that project reports are regularly prepared and submitted on time.
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparations of reports and presentations to Government and GDPG.Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs in proposal writing for GEWE resource mobilization initiatives.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes and speeches.
- Participate in meetings and events, as and when delegated.Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Support the MGLSD on media engagements for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Gender and Development, Economics, Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender/Women’s Studies, International development, or a related field is required.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible advanced work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in Gender Responsive, planning and budgeting and domestication of international Gender equality frameworks is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.