Deadline: 26 July 2019
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Rabat, Morocco. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is to contribute to the achievement of security and justice for all by making the world safer from crime, drugs and terrorism.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Participate in the development and implementation of the UNODC “Regional Programme for the Arab States (2016-2021) to Prevent and Combat Crime, Terrorism and Health Threats and Strengthen Criminal Justice Systems in line with International Human Rights Standards” and related UNODC activities.
- Monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of UNODC activities under the regional project “Strengthening the framework of the Arab Region to prevent and combat human trafficking and migrant smuggling”, in particular under the EU Trust Fund for Africa.
- Maintain and develop relations with national authorities, regional and international organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the daily activities of UNODC in the country, including through providing proper guidance to international and national staff and in close coordination with other national and international stakeholders.
- Ensure sound planning, management and coordination associated with the implementation of the activities of the UNODC Regional Programme and related projects, in particular in the area of dismantling organized criminal networks, trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants including by means of preparing detailed and costed work plans for the timely and realistic achievement of project objectives.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources on the situation of human trafficking, smuggling of migrants and other forms of organized crimes, corruption and terrorism across the region.
- Prepare various written outputs, including project reports, reports to donors, background papers, presentations and inputs to major documents, studies as required.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, law, international law, political sciences, social sciences or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in project or programme management and implementation including in international relations is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of rule of law, criminal justice and/or human rights is required.
- Professional working experience with the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
- Relevant working experience in a field environment, preferably the Middle East and North Africa region, is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English, French and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNODC.