Deadline: 31 July 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer- Livelihood in Teheran, Iran. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Programme Officer- Livelihood will provide support to policy and programme activities in designing and implementing livelihood interventions.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer- Livelihood will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate WFPs Livelihoods program at the local level in close collaboration with cooperating partners.
- Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the field of livelihoods and resilience ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Supervise day-to-day management and implementation of the livelihood project including operational issues, awareness raising on program objectives and procedures, interaction with programme stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting that enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts, RB and HQ to ensure effective collaboration, and successful implementation of projects.
- Assist food security and Livelihoods initiatives to mobilize and facilitate participatory processes at the household and community level according to project design, strategy and work plans.
- Maintain regular coordination with the WFPs cooperating partners and local government counterparts and provide project management support to livelihood programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets and objectives following WFPs policies and procedures.
- Participate in need assessment missions with other stakeholders in the area, representing WFP at regional level in terms of preparation, training, analysis and reporting of findings and recommendations, which includes but not limited to, identification of need/gaps and their root causes, recommendation of good practices (strategically optimal solution) to improve the situation as and when required.
- Communicate regularly with Country Office colleagues to highlight challenges and best practices, update on project progress and ensure that regional perspectives and specificities feed into planning at the national level.
- Provide regular and necessary updates on monitoring and project quality issues and share findings on livelihood related projects with Head of office or her/his designate; Head of Programme and Livelihood Focal Point.
- Provide technical feedback to cooperating partners on livelihood and resilience projects and ensure continuous and targeted capacity building of cooperating partners.
- Ensure regular quality checks of the projects through frequent field visits to the targeted areas in order to meet with communities and to be able to provide recommendations to the cooperating partner on identified gaps and challenges.
- Provide feedback to partners on project reports and ensure timely submission and processing of reports, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reports and financial reports from the cooperating partners.
- Support the unit in preparation of operational plans, annual performance plans and specific Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for livelihood programmes.
- Regularly attend the livelihoods and core cluster working groups, provide technical inputs and contribute to effective coordination of Livelihood activities between WFP, other UN agencies, and INGOs if/when required.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- 5 or more years of experience in related fields.
- Fluency (level C) in English and Farsi.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.