Deadline: 14 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Programme Officer will cover social policy advice, PFM, social local planning, local governance aspects of all programme components.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Effective knowledge management and system, information exchange and the development of training and orientation materials developed and deployed for strengthening of country programme management and activities.
- Situation Analysis prepared/updated, critical programme intervention point/measures identified, and programme work plans/recommendations prepared and incorporated. Programme reports prepared as required.
- Programme funds optimally used.
- Programme monitoring and evaluations effectively conducted to improve programme performance, and programme status report timely prepared.
- Rights-based and results-based programming approach fully incorporated into all phases of programme and projects processes.
- Commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners gained and established.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience and/or field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Experience in community-based planning/development work is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Armenian.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.