Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Bangui, Central African Republic.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Through a consultative process within the country and field visits, assist in the development of strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country.
- Ensure that global strategic priorities (GSP) and regional priorities as well as information on projected resource availability guide the planning parameters.
- Assist in developing the country operations plan in compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions.
- Assist in managing a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of UNHCR’s policies/practices related to and where applicable to UN cooperation, integrated missions, “Delivering as One” initiative, Common Humanitarian Action Plans, UNDAF etc.
- Assist in the process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners.
- Manage the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities.
- Guide and train UNHCR as well as implementing partners (IP) staff in UNHCR standard procedures related to the Results Based Programme management.
- Undertake proper collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance, trends and target interventions.
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects.
- Implement the establishment of sound monitoring processes, review final reports and on progress in order to advise on any corrective actions required or the need for additional resources to reach planned target levels.
Applicants must have-
- University degree or equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or related field
- Minimum 8 years of previous job experience relevant to the function (6 years in case of advanced university degree).
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.