Deadline: 31 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Operations Manager in Zalingei, Sudan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Operations Manager will responsible to play a key role in coordinating efficient and effective interactions between program and support teams at both the country office and field levels.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Operations Manager will perform the following functions:
- Programming and Technical Support:
- In collaboration with the Head of Program and Head of Support Services, ensure all concept notes and project proposals have undergone technical review by relevant sector and support-function focal points to ensure they are reflective of best practices, are in line with DRC’s Country strategy, and take into account all necessary resources to guarantee timely and quality implementation.
- This responsibility may entail support in designing and coordinating needs assessments and other research initiatives, as well as facilitating design workshops.
- Ensure that country and field-level kick-off meetings, with relevant representation from both program and support functions, are held for all new projects.
- This will entail supporting teams, in advance, to develop comprehensive and well-articulated planning documents for activities, budgets, procurement, recruitment, monitoring and evaluation, beneficiary accountability and visibility.
- The Program Operations Manager is responsible for collecting, consolidating and updating activity plans and spending plans developed and updated by the responsible Project Manager.
- Operations Support
- Manage and support DRC Sudan base Mangers to prioritise work in the best interests of the programme and the beneficiaries it serves.
- Identify and address gaps in programme support, including cash availability, fleet management, office facilities etc.
- Support Head of Support Services to ensure implementation of Code of Conduct reporting and beneficiary reporting mechanism.
- Support in follow up and tracking of all global, regional and country new procedures.
- Finance and Administration
- Collaborate with the Khartoum-based finance team, Area Managers and Project Managers to ensure the prompt assignment of budget holders for all projects.
- Collaborate with the Khartoum-based finance team, Area Managers and Project Managers to monitor spending and ensure the timely utilization of all grants.
- Collaborate with the Khartoum-based finance team, Area Managers and Project Managers to ensure the timely preparation of donor financial reports of all grants.
- Supply Chain:
- Collaborate with the Khartoum-based Supply Chain, Area Managers and Project Managers to ensure procurement plans are developed, updated and closely monitored for all new and ongoing projects.
- Human Resources:
- Support and participate in recruitment processes as requested by the Head of Program and Head of Support Services.
- In collaboration with the Head of Program and Head of Support Services, ensure relevant program staffing structures are in place across all field locations.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in law, social sciences, international development, or another relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the field of humanitarian response and refugee or IDP protection, with experience working for an international NGO or UN agency.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Office software packages and experience using data analysis tools
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.