Deadline: 27 April 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Policy Officer will work under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide project management support to the implementation of the school feeding project, and specifically the expansion of a new tested modality for school feeding, while ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring of project activities, ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyze policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities in relation to school feeding.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on the project programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved implementation of the project and food assistance.
- Provide guidance and support to identified partners in all aspects of the project.
- Support the capacity building of national government to implement the enhanced school feeding project and identify any other areas of needed technical support in relevant areas.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Collect and analyze data and provide periodical report to senior management in relation to the expansion of the new school feeding tested modality.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least two years of relevant postgraduate professional experience in commerce, development, humanitarian relief or food aid support.
- Experience in the humanitarian area and demonstration of humanitarian principles will be highly regarded.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet is necessary, and familiarity with standard WFP software packages and systems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the UN system would be a good asset.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Good English writing skills are essential.
Note: This position is open for qualified Jordanian candidates from UN agencies and WFP. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.