Deadline: 8 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support WFP COs’ strategic engagement with host governments in the region to design, formulate and/or implement scalable and flexible social protection and safety net programmes that contribute to food and nutrition security.
- Provide technical advice or mobilize technical expertise to support country offices promote policy coherence and synergies between food and nutrition security programmes and national social protection/poverty reduction frameworks.
- Assist cOs to conduct policy review to determine WFP’s entry point in social protection policy dialogue with host Governments.
- Coordinate activities with the SNSP unit in HQ and actively contribute to shaping the corporate social protection agenda from the RBN perspective.
- Lead the development of effective partnerships at the regional level with key partners, such as the World Bank, ILO, UNICEF, FAO and IGAD, to enhance WFP’s ability to effectively contribute to strengthening the social protection systems of governments in the region.
- Assist countries to upgrade the quality of existing safety nets, including school feeding, public works programmes, resilience building and other activities; and help refine the institutional links between safety nets and emergency-related mechanisms, including through risk sensitive or shock responsive programmes.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least eight years of postgraduate professional experience with increasing responsibilities in social protection in a bilateral, multilateral or nongovernmental organization.
- Very good knowledge of effective and sustainable practices and principles related government social protection systems in a variety of contexts.
- Proven capacity to conduct policy analysis and to successfully engage in policy dialogue.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in bringing global strategies into the regional/country context.
- Proven experience in building synergies among units, projects and regions.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.