Deadline: 22 March 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist (Gender Equality and Decentralisation Reforms) in Kyiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Specialist will responsible for planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions under the project portfolio.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design and develop programme strategies in the area of gender-responsive governance:
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to gender-responsive governance.
- Manage the implementation and management of the gender-responsive governance programme:
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams.
- Manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance. Develop and implement technical tools, and initiatives.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the gender-responsive governance programme; respond to any potential problems.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Manage the monitoring of programme/ project implementation and finances using results-based management tools.
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions.
- Manage the people and financial resources of the project:
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports.
- Supervise the project team; Mentor and coach staff and conduct performance assessments.
- Oversee recruitment processes, as necessary.
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization.
- Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the gender-responsive governance.
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to gender-responsive governance as necessary.
- Develop advocacy strategies and oversee their implementation.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality of programme delivery in line with budget and workplans, and in line with all UN Women operational rules and regulations, including security.
- Timely and quality monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Regular communication with other agencies and partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience and knowledge of gender – responsive governance;
- Experience in formulating, implementing and, monitoring development programmes and projects.
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in results-based management as specifically applied in the UN context is an asset.
- Experience working with UN/UN Women, international organizations will be an added asset.
- Proficient knowledge of English language.
- Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian is a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of Results Based Management principles and approaches.
- Ability to establish and maintain broad strategic networks and partnerships with UN agencies and other international partners to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies.
- Strong knowledge of gender-responsive governance area.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.