Deadline: 15 September 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the effective implementation of the programme activities that UN Women is leading in the joint programme consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the implementation of the Spotlight Programme activities led by UN Women
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of the annual workplan and budget.
- Coordinate the implementation of the overall programme work plan according to Spotlight Regional Programme document.
- Liaise with the Joint Programme Team, Associated Agencies, Intergovernmental organizations, regional networks of CSOs and other regional partners or stakeholders to ensure the Programme results are achieved and resources are managed.
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for propsals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Guide coordination with regional implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners.
- Coordinate relationships with regional partners to support implementation of the activities led by UN Women in the Spotlight Regional Programme, raise potential problems and provide solutions.
- Provide guidance to partners on the implementation of programme activities, establishment of performance indicators, and monitoring achievement of results.
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the Spotlight Regional Programme
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities using results-based management tools.
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds by partners; conduct regular monitoring visits.
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programme activities led by UN Women in the Spotlight Joint Regional Programme and provide substantive inputs to the preparation of UN Women and donor reports.
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative report.
- Manage financial resources
- Monitor budget implementation, coordinate the preparation of budget re-alignments/revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Oversee and monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners.
- Oversee recruitment processes, as necessary.
- Provide substantive inputs to build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national, regional or international partners, preferably related to EVAW.
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.