Deadline: 28 April 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Amman, Jordan.
The Programme Specialist will assist the UN Women Representative in programme development and resource mobilization in specific thematic areas.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Exercise overall responsibility for planning, implementation, management, monitoring and coordination aspects of the project under their responsibility.
- Manage the recruitment of project team, local consultants and support staff, as well as in identifying short-term international experts.
- Coordination and supervision of the activities of the project staff, experts and consultants working as part of the technical assistance team.
- Be responsible for the timely preparation and quality control of all substantive technical reports, briefs and required documents.
- Ensure timely production and submission of all partial and/or progress reports by all members of the project team, contractors and project partners.
- Organize PSC, project review and/or evaluation meetings. Prepare background document, briefs, and issues papers, progress reports for the PSC meetings and for donor reporting. Follow-up on the implementation of PSC decisions and recommendations.
- In collaboration with project support, initiate procurement of goods and services including preparation of equipment specifications, ToRs and RFPs, managing process for the selection of suppliers, contractors and partners.
- Conduct field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities of the project.
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to the UN Women country office programme planning.
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
- Design and formulation of project initiatives within the area of responsibility, translating UNW’s priorities into local interventions.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, economics, law, public or business administration and related subjects.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the area of development and/or humanitarian assistance.
- Experience in gender-related initiatives is an asset.
- Prior working experience in the UN system is highly desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English as well as Arabic is required.
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.