Deadline: 28 May 2016
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Amman, Jordan.
The Programme Specialist will lead the overall strategic direction for the Education Programme through policy development and the coordination and implementation of all related activities and projects in line with the established priorities.
UNESCO strives to build networks among nations that enable this kind of solidarity, by: mobilizing for education: so that every child, boy or girl, has access to quality education as a fundamental human right and as a prerequisite for human development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design, coordinate and monitor the implementation of activities and projects under the Education strategy of the Office including education planning, management and policy development, whilst ensuring their consistency with the national priorities of the Government of Jordan on basic, vocational and higher education and key education framework such as the UNESCO Arab Regional Education Support Strategy (UNARESS).
- Conceptualize and execute technical assistance and capacity development projects in strategic areas of UNESCO and provide intellectual and strategic advice on the preparation of country level co-operation plans and the alignment of the education initiatives of Jordan with the tenets of the SDG 4.
- Mobilize resources to support the Education strategy and the advancement of the national education system in Jordan, through the preparation of project proposals, cooperation frameworks, and diligent negotiation with donor agencies and other partners in the Arab Region.
- Participate in joint UN programming activities related to education and pursue and maintain strategic partnerships to promote the technical contribution of UNESCO to the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and related UN Country Team working groups in an effort to advance programmatic work and visibility for the Organization.
- Ensure the efficient execution of budgetary resources allocated to the Education portfolio of the Office, as well as, lead and provide technical backstopping to Education staff and supervision to other contracted personnel and temporary assistance engaged in the delivery of key Programme outputs.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in the field of education, economics, development studies, social sciences, or in another related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible, relevant work experience in the field of educational policy advice and education planning and management, of which at least 3 years acquired at international level.
- Proven conceptual, analytical and technical skills including the ability to develop and provide expert advice on educational policy and strategic planning and management.
- Ability to collect evidence, synthesize and analyze information or data from various sources for informed decision-making purposes.
- Substantial experience in fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNESCO.