Deadline: 4 May 2016
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Programme Specialist will work within the frameworks of UNESCO’s Medium-Term Strategy and global developments plans such as the United Nations 2030 Global Agenda on Sustainable Development Goals.
UNESCO strives to build networks among nations that enable this kind of solidarity, by: mobilizing for education: so that every child, boy or girl, has access to quality education as a fundamental human right and as a prerequisite for human development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide advisory services and technical assistance, plan, execute and evaluate activities for UNESCO’s programme for the advancement of women and youth in Science, Technology & Innovation (STI) in the Member States of the Asia Pacific region.
- Provide advice to national authorities, peers, management and colleagues on development, implementation of joint programmes and activities in STI and basic sciences.
- Provide guidance for the improvement of science management at national and regional level.
- Implement and coordinate activities, events and other initiatives related to UNESCO’s projects and activities in Science Policy and Capacity Building.
- Identify, design and implement activities and projects to reinforce the priority areas of the Regional Bureau and to contribute to resource mobilization in support of interdisciplinary programme activities in STI for the implementation of national and/or regional strategies for sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) preferably in the field of science policy, science governance, international law and/or development or in another related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in the area of natural sciences at national, regional and/or international level.
- Proven experience in the field of sciences coordination, programme management and in designing and implementing programmes/projects as well as demonstrated expertise in one of the following domains: UNESCO Natural Sciences programme, science policy or STI.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNESCO.