Deadline: 22 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Support Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Grant implementation and reporting
- Ensure the implementation of the RIMS program, including appropriate and timely spending of grant to achieve programme goals, grants reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
- Understand and follow up on activities and assess progress of implementation, provide solutions and report issues when needed.
- Partner management
- Conduct outreach to new partners through mapping, one on one meetings and presentations.
- Manage the process of partners’ enrolment in RIMS – RIMS Needs Assessment, data sharing agreements, Data protection/PIM discussion, organise and monitor training on system usage as well as data protection and sharing.
- Technical support
- Contribute to the capacity building of DRC and partner IM staff as well as DRC staff users and support their adherence to best-practice and professional standard and principles of Information management and data protection.
- Identify technical gaps in the programme and identify/implement solutions to meet these gaps.
- Sector coordination and representation
- Actively participate in Protection working groups and national discussions around referrals in particular (GBVIMS, CPIMS, PIM etc).
- Work closely with other DRC sectors to ensure that referrals are adequately addressed across sectors and DRC staff are up to date on all RIMS developments;.
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Oversee and ensure achievements of targets towards donors’ requirements through overall management of the RIMS program (through the use of indicators performance trackers).
- Oversee and ensure analysis of results and guide IM staff and partner staff to use these results to enhance programme effectiveness and quality.
- Any other duties as agreed with the IM Coordinator and the Head of Programme.
Applicants must have:
- 3-4 years of experience leading teams in a humanitarian context, preferably during an emergency.
- Experience facilitating technical trainings and workshops related to information management.
- Experience in coordination with external stakeholders such as municipalities, employers, partner NGOs etc.
- Experience in managing teams, monitoring performance, and providing technical support and coaching to field teams.
- Prior experience in developing programme implementation workplans, data collection and analysis, and programme reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective in presentation and liaison with external parties.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- INGO experience in Protection Sector is preferred.
- Previous experience in developing analysis, and statistical figures.
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required .
- High computer literacy.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.