Deadline: 26 November 2018
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Analyst in Ankara, Turkey.
Reporting to Project Manager, the Project Analyst works with and provides support to the members of the Project Team in the development and implementation of an effective project consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of the project:
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, and proposals on project implementation arrangements.
- Supports the work of the UN Women Project Manager as necessary in implementing and monitoring activities under the project.
- Support the Project Manager in financial, technical and methodological aspects of implementation.
- Ensures logistics are properly undertaken pertaining to the organization of workshops, seminars, events, and other activities, and prepares relevant budgets and participant lists.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Project:
- Prepare spending plans and budget revisions, and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project in Atlas.
- Monitor budget preparation and the finances of project; support finalizing FACE forms.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the Project:
- Oversee all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Oversee travel arrangements for the Project Team, Support and coordinates all logistics related to staff travel such as lodging, transportation and prepares Travel Authorizations and ensures Travel Claims are properly filled and original documents kept on file.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt, and best practices related to project management and finance.
- Coordinate the organization of training for project staff and operations related issues.
- Carry out research and analysis on issues related to women’s political participation and leadership.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Timely recording of overall project finances.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, political science, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in supporting complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners.
- Experience in the gender equality is an asset.
- Experience in supporting coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of development programmes and projects.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- UN experience is an asset.
- Experience in procurement related issues.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Turkish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.