Deadline: 18 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant – Livelihoods & Food Security in Kakuma, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Conduct project awareness among stakeholders at community level in Kalobeyei settlement Kakuma camps and surrounding communities.
- Conduct beneficiaries’ mobilisation and registration based on the targeting criteria for a particular activity or project.
- Monitor the freelancing workspaces on a daily basis in to ensure they are operating at optimum standard and capacity.
- Regularly monitor activities of other youth groups and SMEs and provide follow up support in relation to training, inputs and post-training/distribution monitoring.
- Support identified NRC partners and private sector actors engaged in the delivery of their activities.
- Contribute in preparation of training content and materials and in the delivery of such trainings.
- Carry out distribution of materials or cash grants to registered beneficiaries and complete distribution lists in accordance with NRC’s beneficiary distribution lists and cash-based intervention (CBI) standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Facilitate and gather information on market systems, market analysis and mapping in Turkana West.
- Facilitate and strengthen income generating activities (IGA) of target groups at Kalobeyei and Kakuma.
- Plan, coordinate and collaborate closely with Education and ICLA teams regarding the skills training, legal assistance and documentation support (or other support) required by LFS target groups.
- Collect data required for the projects’ output and outcome monitoring system. Write weekly/monthly progress reports.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma or bachelor in business management or related subject.
- 1 year experience in working in livelihoods and food security field. Knowledge of the local context an asset.
- Knowledge of community mobilisation and effective information sharing methodologies.
- Knowledge of Juba Arabic, Somali, Kiswahili and other local languages would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.