Deadline: 15 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide support to management of ongoing project activities through the following tasks and duties:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for joint planning meeting, quarterly work plans, and budget work plans to support project implementation.
- Prepare information for Project Manager for his/her advice to donor, Implementing Partners and UNDP.
- Create project in UNDP’s financial and administrative system, prepare budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds.
- Ensure effective administrative and logistical support for the achievement of the outcomes of the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support national project implementation activities according to UNDP workflows (including Individual Contract** (IC) process, organization of forums, workshops, travel, etc).
- Contact with visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Provide support to project maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to project maintenance.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff and other trainings as appropriate.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Thai national with Secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years (with Secondary education), or, minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Thai and English.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.