Deadline: 15 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide support to management of ongoing project activities through the following tasks and duties:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for joint planning meeting, quarterly work plans, and budget work plans to support project implementation.
- Prepare information for Project Manager for his/her advice to donor, Implementing Partners and UNDP.
- Create project in UNDP’s financial and administrative system, prepare budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds.
- Ensure effective administrative and logistical support for the achievement of the outcomes of the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support national project implementation activities according to UNDP workflows (including Individual Contract** (IC) process, organization of forums, workshops, travel, etc).
- Contact with visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Provide support to project maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to project maintenance.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff and other trainings as appropriate.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have:
- Thai national with Secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years (with Secondary education), or, minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Thai and English.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.