Deadline: 28 April 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Associate in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Associate will support the daily implementation of the activities of the programme and will support the Project Officer in liaising with national implementing partners and responsible parties including government and civil society.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Associate will perform the following functions-
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of effective application of RBM tools.
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Support the Programme Team in the implementation of the control mechanisms for development projects through monitoring of budget preparation and modifications.
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Support the Programme Team in the financial management of Programmes.
- Provide guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Provide necessary information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support the Programme team in the tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
Applicants must have-
- BA University degree or equivalent in Development, Political Science, International Relations, Human Rights Law, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required, experience in project related to gender and women empowerment, focus on ending violence against women is an asset.
- Prior relevant working experience in project management as well as specific experience in gender-related initiatives will be considered an asset.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Arabic is required.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.