Deadline: 2 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Centre Manager in Asuncion, Paraguay.
The Project Centre Manager will be responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with the Project Centre’s portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Centre Manager will perform the following functions-
- Develop proposals and prepare project documents agreements in connection with identified opportunities and in cooperation/collaboration with partners.
- Plan and propose to Operational Hub Director required resources (human, financial and administrative) to achieve goals.
- Establish the strategies and implementation plans for the Project Centre in collaboration with the partners, set objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and partner oriented services.
- Plan, recruit, manage and develop a flexible workforce with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance, and ensure gender and geographical diversity.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and diversity by providing timely guidance and supervision to the team to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
- Oversee, monitor and direct appropriate measures to maintain the safety and security of UNOPS, assets, property, information and personnel within the respective area of responsibility.
- In consultation with the UNOPS Chief of Security act as the UNOPS Security Focal Point (SFP) within the country of operation including participating actively in the Security Management Team (SMT) and perform duties on security as outlined in the Framework of Accountability in the UN Security Management System Policy manual.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Additional years of relevant work experience, preferably in combination with a relevant bachelor’s degree, may substitute for the requirement for a master’s degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in international development, business development, operations and/or programme management in a large international and/or corporate organization.
- Some experience in the UN system organizations and/or a developing country is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of Spanish and English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.