Deadline: 2 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinating Associate in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Coordinating Associate will support and facilitate coordination of all technical and logistic arrangements for timely preparation of Thailand National.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Coordinating Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Coordination Support:
- Organize meetings of the project team, project board, advisory board, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with focal persons of partners and project service providers such as academic institutes, consultants, etc.
- Facilitate communications and advocacy of the project results.
- Support the Project Team in planning and organizing meetings to develop annual and quarterly work plans and corresponding budget plans.
- Prepare work plans and budget plans in close consultation with UNDP and government agencies.
- Keep the Project Team updated on issues and potential delays and risks to the work schedule and other operational and budgetary issues.
- Oversee the day-to-day project implementation and ensure achievement of targets.
- Review the study, research and academic paper developed by Project Team and consultants.
- Support the mobilization of competent national and international experts as needed.
- Reporting and Audit:
- Prepare draft of project progress reports (quarterly and annual/financial and substantive) against set targets and indicators.
- Support the Project Team in preparing reports and involve in M&E activities as required by UNDP and government agencies.
- Knowledge Building and Sharing:
- Prepare draft documentation of innovations, good practices, lessons learned and an effective knowledge building.
- Strengthen knowledge networks and organize knowledge sharing sessions.
- Compile success stories, in particular from government agencies, that have addressed key development challenges in Thailand.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Economics, Public Management, International Development or related field would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Specialized study and qualification in development studies is an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years (or 4 years with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience in development areas at the national or international level.
- Experience in project coordination especially with government agencies and academia;
- Demonstrated professional experience in one or more of the following substantive areas: development economics, sustainable development, south-south cooperation.
- Hands-on experience in supporting designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects to achieve results.
- Excellent judgement and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, producing quality results.
- Good written and spoken English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.