Deadline: 23 May 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the implementation and management of relevant project activities.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Manage the Women Political Participation (WPP) Project/Portfolio and provide technical support
- Manage the overall Project/Portfolio work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ project document.
- Prepare and present work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Project Steering and Implementation Committee and UN Women.
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners.
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Project activities, issues, and risks.
- Guide coordination with other UN Agencies, national partners and other stakeholders
- Manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the WPP Project/Portfolio, raise potential problems and provide solutions.
- Provide guidance to partners on establishment of performance indicators, and monitoring achievement of results.
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training, cross-partner learning, and capacity development initiatives.
- Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on the WPP Project/Portfolios
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programmes and projects from the planning to the evaluation stages.
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds by partners; conduct regular monitoring visits.
- Write annual and quarterly reports; review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide inputs from WPP project activities and results to reporting.
- Coordinate and communicate on issues relevant to the WPP project/portfolio with local and national stakeholders and partners in Turkish Parliament, political parties, local councils and administrations, CSOs, media and experts.
- Manage financial resources and supervise staff
- Supervise and manage a team of professional and project staff, review performance and mentor/ coach staff.
- Coordinate development and preparation of financial resources of the Project including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Oversee and monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners.
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide technical support to the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Identify potential programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, country needs and donors’ priorities and develop the relevant partnerships.
- Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Ensure documentation of the project implementation process and products produced are in accordance with UN Women guidelines.
- Contribute to the exchange of information and knowledge products internally and externally of the project.
- Organize major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national/international partners, preferably related to women’s political participation.
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects.
- Experience in implementation of women`s empowerment and gender equality programs are an asset.
- Experience on working with central and/or local decision-making mechanism and governance related issues will be an asset.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Turkish are required.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.