Deadline: 22 October 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible to translate the strategic direction to actual implementation of its diverse components at the local level across Sudan.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Programme leadership and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Work to ensure Stabilization Programme supports the overall local economic development peace processes in Sudan.
- Lead strategic planning, and day-to-day Programme implementation, and overall coordination from substantive, administrative and financial aspects of the Programme across different geographical areas of Sudan.
- Guide the efforts and contributions of consultants, government counterparts towards the achievement of Programme objectives.
- Provide programmatic vision and operational guidance, manage and supervise the staff and field operations across the country.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation processes are in place to measure the achievements in all phases of the Programme as per UNDP procedures.
- Planning and Coordination of stabilization Programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Work to ensure that there is close cooperation and collaboration with national stakeholders and other implementing partners, such as other UN entities, international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the donor community.
- Develop project concepts and proposals for future phases of community security and stabilization Programmes and related topics jointly with the Country Office.
- Build partnerships with other UN Agencies, NGO and Government to support the preparation and implementation of state capacity development and reintegration plans.
- Support various ministries and commissions of Government dealing with the subjects of local economic development, displacement, migration, reintegration and prevention of violent extremism.
- Programme implementation: stabilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure the development of AWPs and writing up of progress and annual reports of the Programme.
- Ensure that regular updates and reviews of the Programme are done in ATLAS.
- Overall implementation and management of all aspects of the stabilization Programme and its projects across Sudan.
- Oversee the development and coordination of implementation of a comprehensive socio-economic reintegration framework for the members of armed forced and groups taking advantage of existing or planned recovery strategies and plans.
- Foster partnership building and donor liaison focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contribute to the development of the UNDP Partnership and Resource Mobilization (PRM) strategy, including planning tools to implement the strategy.
- Identify new partnerships and strengthens existing ones at the level through innovative approaches to partnership development.
- Boost ways of increasing the Programme funding base such as engaging in resource mobilization efforts in consultation with local counterparts and following-up with donors on local opportunities.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sustainable Development, Management, Economics, International Development or any other relevant field.
- 7 years of relevant work experience, at least 5 of which involve implementation and management at senior level with proven experience in managing large Programmes, multiple projects and teams in multi-cultural settings.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with government institutions and other partners, civil society, private sector and UN agencies in sensitive political environments.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise related to local economic development, livelihoods, reintegration and prevention of violent extremism in development prism.
- Experience in resource mobilization, donor coordination, accountability and multi-donor trust funds.
- Experience in Sudan, Horn of Africa or Arab Region is an asset.
- Experience working in humanitarian, post conflict and development contexts is an asset.
- Proficiency in both oral and written English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic language desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.