Deadline: 3 July 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator (Livelihood and Education Project) in Maroua, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Coordinator (Livelihood and Education Project) is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and the overall monitoring and evaluation of the activities of the Assistance Project for Nigerian Refugees, Internally Displaced Populations and Host Communities in the Far North Region of Cameroon, in accordance with the lessor’s strategic orientations and programmatic and administrative standards Fund and Plan International.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator (Livelihood and Education Project) will perform the following functions-
- Monitor the implementation of activities to ensure their compliance with project planning, the achievement of objectives and the strategies and procedures of donors and Plan International Cameroon.
- Ensure in particular the planning, the correct implementation and the evaluation of all the components of the project.
- Ensure the development of initiatives and strategies to ensure good adaptation with the humanitarian context and the effective and efficient implementation of the activities of all components of the project.
- Ensure the full participation of stakeholders in all stages of the Project and maintain good relations between them.
- Conduct refugee visits to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp with host communities and partners through follow-up and supervision of the implementation of Project activities.
- Organize project team meetings, validate the reports and action plans of the various components of the project.
- Animate, mentor and monitor the Project team and ensure capacity building as needed.
- Prepare and submit on time the weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of the Project, as well as any useful reports requested by the supervisor and the funder.
- Organize monthly project management meetings with the team and quarterly progress meetings with funders, beneficiaries and partners.
- Facilitate the evaluation of the project according to the principles and procedures of the donors.
- Ensure that the results of evaluations and recommendations of the hierarchy and partners in the implementation of the Project are taken into account.
- Review the financial reports of the Project in accordance with the narrative reports.
- Coordinate the development of the TORs of the activities with the Component Managers.
- Facilitate the collection, consolidation, archiving of project-related data.
- Ensure the establishment of a database on the achievements of the Livelihood component; as well as the operationalization and exploitation of all the databases set up within the framework of the project, in collaboration with the Monitoring /Evaluation Officer.
- Ensure the management of partnership relations with the different parties.
- Represent Plan International Cameroon in the coordination mechanisms and working groups related to the Project’s areas of intervention.
- Ensure that issues of gender equality, child protection, risk reduction, resilience and conflict sensitivity are taken into account in the implementation of the Project
- Contribute to the mobilization of additional resources through the development of Concept Note and Proposal, especially in the area of livelihood / livelihoods.
- Perform any other task assigned by the hierarchy.
Applicants must have-
- University degree Bac + 4 in Social Sciences, Agronomy, Agro-Economics, Rural Economy, Rural Development, Project Management / Program or similar fields.
- Long experience in the implementation of social impact projects, livelihood / livelihood projects, resilience and empowerment projects, and a thorough knowledge of Project Planning, Programming and Monitoring / Evaluation procedures.
- At least 3 years of continuous experience in the management of humanitarian projects.
- Practical and relevant experience in emergency response.
- Solid experience in project management with big budgets.
- Strong work experience with vulnerable people.
- Skills in analyzing statistical data of evaluations, social impact studies, or similar.
- Be bilingual (read and write English or French) in addition to work experience in one of the two languages).
- Good knowledge of the computer tool and enjoy good reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of international texts relating to the rights of displaced populations (Refugees and IDPs).
- Knowledge of the refugee status statutes, Plan International’s protection, community mobilization, gender, GBV, education and health policy would be an additional asset.
- Good knowledge and understanding of established humanitarian principles, the Code of Humanitarian Conduct and international standards of child protection.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the implementation of child protection responses at the community level.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.