Deadline: 3 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Establish and execute the project implementation plans in collaboration with the team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements and results expected to ensure timely and client oriented services.
- Lead the projects to deliver the services as per the KPI defined in the financial agreement.
- Monitor the allocation of resources to the different projects, both financial and human. Monitor the delivery to quality standards on time and within budget.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all project stakeholders, ensuring that adequate levels and timeliness of communications are maintained.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and budgets. Identify appropriate human and technical resources to complete the project, assure that deviations from project schedule are addressed and communicated, develop timely project status reports, monitor project risk factors, escalate project issues, and provide Quality Assurance for all project deliverables.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project, including forecasting, monitoring project costs and communicating costs against budget to the stakeholders. Ensure that commitments (both contractual and non-contractual) are met.
- Conduct project meetings and produce standard project documentation. Proactively evaluate project activities, build contingency plans, propose corrective actions and monitor issue resolution to mitigate risks.
- Abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field.
- Relevant first university degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and 2 years additional experience may be considered.
- A least 7 years’ experience of complex system analysis, design, implementation and operations of large centralized or decentralized institutional systems.
- At least 5 years’ experience of leading multi-functional teams in an international organization.
- Solid information security experience is highly desirable.
- ICT auditing process, including but not limited to the UN auditing process is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.