Deadline: 29 December 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Djibouti, Djibouti. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Coordinator will work to position UNOPS as service provider of choice in its mandated areas of sustainable infrastructure development, procurement and project management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure success of the project(s) based on the success criteria of UNOPS engagements, which are linked to the below responsibilities.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OH Head of Programme and the project(s).
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice.
- Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
- Complete lessons learned as per reporting format.
- Incorporate lessons learned from others as per planning format.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Development Studies, International Development or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in project management required, with focus on project development and implementation, partner management, planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with managing teams and units, particularly in the area of project management, highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with project management in an international setting is required.
- Prior experience with UN/UNOPS is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills and advance knowledge of MS Office.
- Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner certification, as well as UNOPS PM Foundation certification desirable. These have to be completed by incumbent within 6 months of onboarding.
- Excellent written and oral English and French skills are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.