Deadline: 31 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Liaison Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
The Project Liaison Officer is responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day-to-day operations of the mission and coordinating mission progress and implementation.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Liaison Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop, maintain, and intensify contacts with relevant government institutions and authorities.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the UNOPS business, as well as an understanding of how that impacts with Government entities.
- Monitor, coordinate, and communicate strategic objectives of UNOPS.
- Collaborate and communicate successfully with all Government Ministries.
- Work with other staff members to develop a greater understanding of the business and any issues that arise.
- Develop and foster relationships with the key Government and local authorities at National and State levels.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between UNOPS and the line Ministries.
- Compile reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about important issue for the business.
- Proactively solve conflicts and address issues that could occur between UNOPS and the Ministry staff and local authorities.
- Promptly respond to incidents and other events as necessary.
- Act as a positive representation of UNOPS to all Government and Local stakeholders.
- Draft official letters in English and or Arabic (when necessary) to communicate formally with relevant local government bodies.
- Map all stakeholders at National and State levels and ensure the staff are kept updated on the structures of government at all level including any changes.
- In Liaison with the Communication Officer, prepare monthly progress reports and one pagers to stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or advanced degree in Law or Political Science or Philosophy or relevant field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or Political Science or Philosophy or relevant field with additional 7 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience working with the government or related role is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of government settings and functions at both national, state and county level is an advantage.
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships is desired.
- Skills working with the local governments is required.
- Fluency of English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desired.
- Nationality of South Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.