Deadline: 31 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Liaison Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Liaison Officer is responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day-to-day operations of the mission and coordinating mission progress and implementation.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Liaison Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Develop, maintain, and intensify contacts with relevant government institutions and authorities.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the UNOPS business, as well as an understanding of how that impacts with Government entities.
- Monitor, coordinate, and communicate strategic objectives of UNOPS.
- Collaborate and communicate successfully with all Government Ministries.
- Work with other staff members to develop a greater understanding of the business and any issues that arise.
- Develop and foster relationships with the key Government and local authorities at National and State levels.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between UNOPS and the line Ministries.
- Compile reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about important issue for the business.
- Proactively solve conflicts and address issues that could occur between UNOPS and the Ministry staff and local authorities.
- Promptly respond to incidents and other events as necessary.
- Act as a positive representation of UNOPS to all Government and Local stakeholders.
- Draft official letters in English and or Arabic (when necessary) to communicate formally with relevant local government bodies.
- Map all stakeholders at National and State levels and ensure the staff are kept updated on the structures of government at all level including any changes.
- In Liaison with the Communication Officer, prepare monthly progress reports and one pagers to stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or advanced degree in Law or Political Science or Philosophy or relevant field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or Political Science or Philosophy or relevant field with additional 7 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience working with the government or related role is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of government settings and functions at both national, state and county level is an advantage.
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships is desired.
- Skills working with the local governments is required.
- Fluency of English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desired.
- Nationality of South Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.