Deadline: 22 January 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support – Senior Assistant in Tindouf, Algeria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support – Senior Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist the Programme Manager (PM) and Programme Officer (PO) in preparing reports, briefings, presentation and public information material.
- Organize meetings and take minutes of project meetings.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Assist in the scanning, copying of documents and maintain a proper filing system and document archives.
- Provide support in managing petty cash, maintaining records and supporting documents.
- Assist in the coordination and management of communications, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Accompany senior colleagues to meetings with UN agencies, UN contractors and grantees, NGOs and other stakeholders as required.
- Assist in capacity building activities, as well as in the compilation and analysis of relevant data from such activities.
- Any other duties as requested and tasked by the Associate Programme Officer/Programme Officer /Programme Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- First-level University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Secondary School Diploma (High School or equivalent) with 5 year’s of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience performing operational transactions in support of general administration.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Spanish (Read, Speak, Write) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.