Deadline: 12 December 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager Affirmative Procurement in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Manager Affirmative Procurement will be responsible to ensure the implementation and the technical and financial monitoring of projects promoting the same economic opportunities for women entrepreneurs through discriminatory procurement and investment policies in their favor.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager Affirmative Procurement will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Coordinate the implementation of projects promoting women’s access to Public Contracts (WE-FI)
- Support the coordination of the work plan and project implementation process (WE-FI) in accordance with the project documents, in the 2019-2022 Strategic Note and in connection with the annual work plans of the Senegal Program. UN Women..
- Establish and implement appropriate arrangements for the successful implementation and monitoring of the project with key partners and in accordance with UN Women’s programmatic procedures.
- Facilitate / guide coordination with national partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinate relationships with key national partners and Women Entrepreneur Associations to support project implementation and expansion through procurement, investment and supply chain arrangements and identify issues potential and propose solutions.
- Identify needs for capacity building and support partners through the development of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity building plans.
- Provide technical support to ARMP and Women Business Leaders
- Develop and implement partnership plans of the ARMP and other national institutions in the development and implementation of public order access measures.
- Contribute to the development, review and improvement of gender-responsive procurement laws, policies and frameworks.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for Women’s and Women’s Councils’ Associations in procurement and tendering procedures.
- Monitor and report projects
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the state of use of the funds.
- Conduct regular follow-up visits as required.
- Make substantive contributions to UN Women’s Senegal Program Quarterly and Annual Reports on the Online Results Management System (RMS) on time.
- Manage implementing partners and program finances
- Ensure the preparation of project financial resources, including budgeting, budget revisions, expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate timely submission and review of financial and narrative reports of implementing partners.
- Contribute to advocacy, knowledge building, management and communication activities
- Lead research, development and presentation of analytical reports, briefing notes, backgrounders, summaries, correspondence on women’s entrepreneurship and women’s access to government procurement.
- Contribute to the Senegal Program’s knowledge management system by regularly documenting project implementation processes and methods and any other knowledge products.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s degree (Bachelor’s + 5) in the following fields: Economy, Finance, Gender, International Development, Purchasing and any other priority area.
- Certification in Procurement, Gender, Financial Management, Project Management, Public-Private Partnerships would be considered as an additional benefit.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in coordinating, implementing and monitoring development programs / projects.
- At least 5 years of experience in contracting and / or training of the Contractor (s).
- Public Policy Experience and Support Strategy for Women Entrepreneurship.
- In-depth knowledge of public procurement procedures and measures in Senegal.
- Good knowledge of incentives for gender mainstreaming in public policies, projects and programs considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain and value chain approaches.
- Good knowledge of the environment of companies and financial institutions, and insurance of Senegal.
- Experience working in programs and projects funded by international institutions (World Bank, African Development Bank, United Nations System) is an asset.
- Excellent command of French and good English skills.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.