Deadline: 12 January 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Pristina, Kosovo. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, assessments, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities/shelter activities in Kosovo in collaboration with the DRC Architect and Engineer and other project staff.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Project Management
- Manage the assigned project in order to meet the project objectives within budget and within the allotted time frame.
- Provide strong leadership of the assigned project/shelter activities, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local project staff.
- People Management
- Manage the staff of the assigned project, including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff, to ensure staff members are aware of project objectives and current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
- Provide coaching and technical supervision to staff in order to develop ownership and full responsibility for shelter activities.
- Financial and quality management
- Manage the budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet DRC and donor standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Support the logistics activities for shelter and other interventions, particularly in relation to the purchasing of supplies and equipment as well as taking a lead on contract management.
- Reporting and proposal development:
- Prepare quantities and qualitative information for formulation of shelter proposals.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, midterm and final reports of the project as required by donor/DRC.
- Any others tasks assigned by the Country Director.
Applicants must have:
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in planning and/or management of projects in particular shelter/construction interventions and construction contracting/supervision.
- University degree or higher education relevant to shelter programming (e.g. engineering or architecture) or university degree in Development, Management, International studies or similar discipline.
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
- Solid knowledge of AutoCAD and ArchiCAD desired and MS Office (Power Point, Word and Excel).
- Driving license valid in Kosovo required.
- Experience with managing multifaceted teams and providing technical guidance and training.
Cultural and gender sensitivity.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than 4 pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.