Deadline: 25 October 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – Rapid Response Team in Mayom, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Lead, train and develop the mobile Food Security Rapid Response Team (FS-RRT).
- Providing oversight of the programme including: community mobilization and coordination with local authorities, registration and nutrition screening, reception of commodities by airdrops/lifts, distribution and monitoring, post distribution activities, including reconciliation of all data and documentation.
- Switch programming from General Food Distribution in to more resilience programming such as FFA, cash for work and other more sustainable programme gradually.
- Ensure high technical quality, transparent and self-explanatory processes.
- Represent Food Security Rapid Response in internal and external forums; and ensure operational linkages and representation with WFP and others relevant UN Agencies, Clusters, working groups and NGO partner.
- Develop, manage and monitor the budget and lead grants start up meetings.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Degree/Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Food Security or other relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of experience from working as a Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical expertise in Emergency Food Security and Livelihood required with flexibility to more resilient programming moving from general food distribution to longer term programming.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Working experience or knowledge of the context in South Sudan.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- Solid understanding and experience of crisis contexts and working in complex emergencies.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.