Deadline: 4 October 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – Financial Management System Roadmap in London, United Kingdom. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Manager will be responsible for establishing project management practices, utilising relevant methodologies, managing relationships with key stakeholders, and drive continuous improvements in efficiencies and delivery.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Engage with both business and IT stakeholders to facilitate a joint vision for FMS in terms of functionality, business value and services.
- Manage the execution of the near horizon elements of the roadmap.
- Lead the management of this strategic project working within an Agile or Waterfall methodology.
- Prepare and conduct project definition workshops, to confirm and document scope and objectives of project with all key users.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks.
- Monitor and drive the resolution of issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation of project lifecycle (e.g. review and assist in the creation of requirements documents, test plans, etc.).
- Manage communication channels with stakeholders in geographically disperse locations.
- Ensure that projects are aligned with strategic goals and are supported by sound business cases.
- Implement best practices and procedures in project management.
Applicant must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of migrating existing, integrated on premise solutions to cloud hosted environments.
- Experience in managing offshore project team members.
- Demonstrable experience of creating roadmaps, assessing and selecting solution options against various criteria including strategic fit, financial and technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance .
- Comprehensive management and influencing skills with experience of working with senior level executives.
- Ability to resolve issues swiftly and decisively whilst safeguarding standards and procedures.
- Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line.
- A technical understanding of IT infrastructure and technology development / deployment.
- Strong business requirements collection, and process/workflow analysis skills.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.