Deadline: 25 June 2019
The Colombo Plan is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Manager has the primary responsibility of ensuring that the objectives of training dissemination in the Asia and the Pacific region are met during the allotted period of performance.
The Colombo Plan is a partnership concept of self-help and mutual-help in development aimed at socio-economic progress of its member countries.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Plan, strategize, implement, monitor and evaluate the initiatives under the projects according to the approved project proposals and donor funding agreements.
- Reach out to focal points, partners and other stakeholders to build a strategic and cordial working relationship with them.
- Liaise with focal points, partners, related government agencies and other stakeholders to effectively implement initiatives and sustain the training capabilities.
- Coordinate and supervise training activities in the region to ensure the quality of training.
- Plan and manage project funds efficiently in a prudent manner so as to optimise the funds.
- Work collaboratively with all parties concerned to implement initiatives and achieve deliverables within the period of project performance.
- Provide timely reports for each project as required by donor.
- Provide appropriate guidance and support to universities interested to collaborate with Colombo Plan as University Education Provider.
- Monitor and evaluate training activities of University Education Providers and make appropriate assessment for renewal of education provider status.
- Provide adequate guidance, mentoring and supervision to Programme Officers working together with the PM in the region.
- Clearly define a time frame for each MOU with University Education Provider so as to avoid unnecessary delay in signing MOU.
- Manage database of initiatives for timely and accurate retrieval.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Management, and/or Business Administration.
- An undergraduate degree in similar fields and in combination with 3 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Manager with more than 5 years of progressively responsible experience in diplomacy, international development, public administration, and/or NGO or business management and administration.
- Good command of the English language.
- Fluency in other foreign language is an advantage.
- Proficiency in using basic office computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Advance financial management skills.
- Certification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel to countries where DAP has projects.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit (CV and Cover letter) via email address given on the website with subject title “Project Manager-CPDAP”.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit The Colombo Plan.