Deadline: 27 March 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager will lead and coordinate SEESAC, providing sound management and strategic planning, financial oversight, supervision of the design and achievement of performance goals for staff as well as representation of UNDP and the project in national, regional and international fora related to the sectors of intervention of SEESAC.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic planning for the future direction of South Eastern and Eastern Europe Clearinghouse for the Control of Small Arms and Light Weapons (SEESAC).
- Oversee all aspects of project management.
- Provide relevant and high-quality advisory services to a broad range of clients in areas related to SEESACs specialization, including the introduction of gender perspectives to security sector reforms and building gender responsiveness of legal and judicial institutions.
- Lead resource mobilization for SEESAC portfolio.
- Support the implementation of the Western Balkans SALW Control Roadmap Multi-Partner Trust Fund.
- Represent the project in national, regional and international fora and lead knowledge management for SEESAC.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in political science, law, international relations or a security related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, law, international relations or a security related field, plus 2 additional years of relevant experience as outlined below
- At least 7 years of substantive experience in or directly related the design, implementation, management and monitoring of security-related programmes/projects in SEE.
- Thorough understanding of the political, economic and social climate in the countries of SEE is required.
- Prior experience and proven competence mobilizing resources from multi-lateral and bi-lateral partners for security-related programming is required.
- Experience with SALW control and gender mainstreaming in security sector highly desirable.
- Prior experience and demonstrated competence managing teams that deliver tangible results is required.
- Strong experience in partnership building at international, national, regional and local level is required.
- Knowledge of the existent legal and institutional frameworks for arms control, armed violence prevention and citizen security in South East Europe is required.
- Knowledge of UNDP rules and procedures an asset.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of one of more languages spoken in the region is a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.