Deadline: 5 July 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading, supervising andcoordinating the daily activities of the Strengthening Local Capacities for Resilience and Recovery project.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensures effective implementation of the project, through project planning, management, monitoring and oversight, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide overall guidance and management support to UNDP senior management and project implementation sub-groups.
- Day-to-day management of the project.
- Ensure quality control and timely delivery of outputs one to three.
- Accountable for proper application of UNDP rules and regulations in the management of the project resources.
- Take responsibility to ensure that adequate and skilled staff are recruited to the project in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Ensures provision of policy advice and strategic technical guidance to project partners, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Manage the overall strategic direction and provide leadership on local development initiatives.
- Facilitate learning and experience sharing for all relevant partners, in line with the project document.
- Provide technical guidance to project staff and ensure technical support to counterparts and partners.
- Creation of Strategic Partnerships and Alliance for project implementation, particularly:
- Enhance partnerships on community stabilization and local development.
- Coordinate project objectives and activities with local partners, assuring the projects are
efficiently integrated with other efforts.
- Support to the resource mobilizations activities for the project further growth and expansion.
- Oversee the development of communication strategies with national and international stakeholders.
- Building Knowledge and Capacity through results based management strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Document lessons learned and best practices in the area of community stabilization, local development and resilience.
- Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture among program staff and other implementing partners at all levels.
- Evaluation of the project impact. Monitoring and analysis of the project environment, timely readjustments in project implementation.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in International Relations, Political Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, international development, economics or related fields.
- At least 7 years experience in international development.
- Experience with local development project in post conflict setting represents an advantage.
- Substantive project management experience, including RBM and other project management tools.
- Prior experience with UNDP/UN agencies or other international organizations, and relevant work experience in developing countries, preferably in the region will be an asset.
- Working experience of transitional and emerging democracies, including and post-conflict environments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the various computer software including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project.
- Knowledge of Prince 2 and other Results Based Management methodologies would be an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of Arabic will be a strong advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.