Deadline: 23 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in West Bank, Palestine. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day leadership and management of the project, including liaising with project stakeholders, cooperation partners as per the signed agreements (UNDP, ROJ and PIEFZA), design firms, general contractor, and relevant Palestinian Government authorities as required.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Oversee the technical work in line with international good practice as well as suitability to the local context.
- Ensure that the projects remain within budget.
- Provide high level monitoring and strategic oversight of the contract and performance of the General Contractor selected for this project.
- Engage with the general contractor as required.
- Oversee the overall project schedule and take corrective action as required.
- As part of the quality assurance and management role, provide strategic guidance and monitoring to ensure in a timely and cost-effective manner, the effective integration of installed mechanical, electrical, and security systems.
- Ensure, in consultation with the national counterparts, achievement of project results.
- Identify opportunities to enhance teamwork within the project and liaise with other technical members of UNDP’s infrastructure team to capitalize on the specific advantages of multi-disciplinary support.
- Prepare supporting documents, including request forms, Terms of Reference (TOR), and inter-office memoranda.
- Renew current Human Resources contracts for project staff under Service and Individual Contracts (SC’s and IC’s).
- Coordinate with partners and UNDP procurement focal points for required goods/services, including electronic requisitions, preparation of supporting documents and follow up with suppliers, when required.
- Prepare quarterly and completion narrative and financial Progress/ Completion Reports.
- Prepare financial statements of commitments and disbursements.
- Provide project administration and management support to the Quality Assurance team, including preparation of correspondence in English.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree from a recognized university preferably in Engineering, construction management or project management.
- BA degree in related discipline, in combination with 2 additional years (i.e. 09 years) of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the Master’s degree requirement.
- For academic Master’s degree there should be a minimum 7 year’s experience in leadership and management for medium to large-scale projects.
- For academic BA degree there should be a minimum 9 year’s experience in leadership and management for medium to large-scale buildings.
- Results-based management, including narrative performance reporting will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English languages written and spoken.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.