Deadline: 12 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Accra, Ghana.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project(s) and provides services to the different donors, partners and beneficiaries.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Stakeholder Management:
- Establish solid working relationship with the project governance structures (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Authorise Work Packages.
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organisational policy is complied with (Organisational Directives and Administrative Instructions).
- Prepare/adapt the following plans for approval by the Project Board: I. Project Initiation Documentation; II. Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions.
- Knowledge Management:
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice.
- Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Personnel Management:
- Lead and motivate the project management team.
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted.
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the Senior Management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Agricultural Sciences, Political/Development Studies, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree / First Level) in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Agricultural Sciences, Political/Development Studies, Engineering or other relevant discipline with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience can be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- A Technical/Professional diploma in relevant discipline in combination of four (4) additional years of experience maybe accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in project development, management and delivery with focus on monitoring, reporting and coordination in either public or private sector organisations is required.
- Past experience in implementing Agricultural (value chain) development projects is highly desirable;
- Past experience in projects involving procurement of high value equipment/goods is highly desirable.
- Past experience implementing infrastructure development projects is highly desirable;
- Past experience implementing KOICA funded projects is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures is an advantage;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.