Deadline: 2 July 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the project life-cycle in accordance with the approved Project Document, the legal agreement between UNOPS and the donor, and in compliance with Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions on Project Management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Technical tasks:
- Ensure timely planning and implementation of the CfW-project activities, ensuring that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed project time frame and the available funding parameters/budget.
- Study and/ or prepare the scope of works, budgets, terms of reference, contracts and all technical requirements for the project activities.
- Analyse all project documents, and ensure compliance with specifications utilizing research, development, relevant codes and standards.
- Site supervision and coordination with UNOPS project staff and contractors on all related implementation issues.
- Administrative tasks:
- Manage proper archiving of all project documents including those related to engineering, procurement and project management.
- Lead the scheduling of tasks related to project works at different phases.
- Maintain records, compile and check daily progress reports on project activities, procurement and others according to the agreed timeframe of works for submission to the Head of Programme on a weekly basis and other periodic reports required by the UNOPS standard procedures.
- Monitoring Progress and Risk Controls:
- Organize, participate in and document the weekly Site progress meetings.
- Organize and lead team meetings on a periodic basis.
- Maintaining, accurate, quality and completion documentation as identified in responsibilities above.
- Set up quality management plan, perform quality assurance and perform quality control during all phases of the project.
- Monitor and update the project risk register, and escalate any issues and concerns to the management in a timely manner.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Establish solid working relationship with the project key stakeholders, including the beneficiaries and other project partners such as but not limited to the MOLSA and IOM.
- Manage communication and information flows between and across all stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Project Management Procedures:
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives, Administrative Instructions and Project Management Manual).
- Ensure that all expenditure comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Understand and manage UNOPS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Development Studies, or any other relevant discipline in addition to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree / first level) in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree, with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience.
- Certified Senior Project Manager – International Project Manager Association (IPMA Level B) or Project Management Professional (PMP – PMI) is an asset, ( Complete PRINCE2® Practitioner course within 9 months after signing this TOR).
- 7 years of progressive experience in project development and management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Full proficiency in English is required; Full proficiency in Arabic is an asset.
- Experience as a Project Manager and demonstrated ability to deal with high volumes of transactions is required.
- Experience in Cash for Work Management is an asset.
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills is required.
- Ability to travel to and within the governorates of Iraq.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.